Managed Print for an Architectural Firm
A leading North West based architectural firm recognised that their staff were becoming overly burdened with small and large format printing and finishing.
The client had already worked with SCC MPDS before to establish a managed print room at their Manchester office in 2005. Ten years later the practice was looking to expand and anhance its managed print service, reflecting the changing requirements of the teams across all eight of their UK offices.
The main objective was to improve the on-site printing capabilities of the practice, as they had identified there was a need for significant investment in both technology and the expertise to oversee it. By outsourcing this solution, it was hoped that their architects could refocus their attention on their core roles.
After undertaking an audit of the service requirements and the existing service provided by SCC MPDS, a plan was created to deliver a range of improvements.
New printing and scanning equipment designed to produce high quality vibrant colour documents was installed across all offices. The existing fleet of Multi-Function Devices and plotters was reduced from 33 devices to 19, lowering the device footprint across all offices.
The on-site SCC MPDS staff member was to take on greater responsibility in the execution of the contract, being a key point of contact for service escalations, paper and consumable distribution. They were also responsible for compiling detailed management information on a quarterly basis. A more transparent pricing model was also implemented, which included the provision of paper and consumables within small and large format ‘click’.
As part of the contract, SCC MPDS will manage the evolving requirements of the client.
- The practice can produce ‘stand-out’ documents at each stage of the bidding process, whilst keeping costs low by reducing the dependence on external print providers.
- The client has benefited from a Managed Print Service that is continually evolving to meet their needs.
- Proactive service delivery is enhanced by being positioned inside of the practice.
- Any problems are solved by SCC MPDS expert on-site staff, who are also supported by a dedicated off-site branch network, minimising downtime and consistently ensuring document quality.
- Architects now have more time to focus on projects instead of printing requirements and productivity has increased.
- The practice pays for the service on a monthly basis based on usage, removing the need to raise the capital investment.