Presales Technical Consultant
Hours: 9.00am-5.30pm Monday to Thursday. 9.00am-5.00pm Friday. Reports to: Rob Gregory (Head of Presales Consultancy)
Department: Presales Consultancy/Professional Services
Location: Home/Field Based/Manchester Office
At SCC MPDS the Presales Technical Consultant applies developed subject matter knowledge, to solve common and complex business issues within SCC MPDS’s existing and new business clients through the positioning, design and implementation of our solution portfolio, and this helps develop and generate solution and consultancy sales delivering to departmental revenue and profit plans.
Solution Planning and Design:
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Investigates and optimises a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity. Creates bespoke ROI and High Level Design Documentation.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements throughout the Presales
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assesses likely competitive threats and plans
- Assists with requests for expertise from peers and trusted suppliers.
- Fully documents the process, including POC Deliverables, Initial Infrastructure Design Document, Standard/Comprehensive SOW (Where Applicable), as required for each opportunity and performs handover into implementation.
- Maintains excellent communications with key customer stakeholders and internal customers – Sales / Account Management / Project Management.
- Represents SCC MPDS as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in all areas of expertise.
- Maintains excellent relationships with both solution and hardware suppliers to obtain the level of support required when necessary.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques. Builds customer loyalty through being a subject matter expert and a trusted Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Manages customer relationship through the POC stage, resolving any issues that occur from the owned workstream.
- Actively supports the Sales/Account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer
- Documents customer information where required effectively to assist other team members when required.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers, Sales and Account Management community via participation in education and training
- Analyses and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge in as much of SCC MPDS’s solution portfolio as possible; Equitrac, SafeCom, PaperCut, uniFLOW, Printerlogic, eCopy ShareScan, Autostore, Nuance Business Connect, Everyone Print, MFiles.
- Able to manage and complete all aspects of defined Proof-of-Concept for customer solution to initially quoted
- Is able to maintain his or her own training plan and make sure that both online and classroom training is current across chosen products from our portfolio of products.
- Awareness in competitive solutions knowledge including both cost and functionality. Understands data business centre components, cloud and how IT is used to address business
- Excellent documentation skills and use of the Microsoft 0365 family of products.
- Applies understanding of the customer’s value chain and business requirements when designing and proposing solutions.
- Able to communicate the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals Industry acumen.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Solution selling and calculating value of solution within an organization
- Clear and professional style of communication, both verbal and written
Education and Experience Required:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Typically 3years+ experience in technical installation/Consulting/selling and/or consultative
- Project management trained, e.g. Prince2 or Agile accredited
- Microsoft Office and Windows certification
- Experience of the technologies and products in the MPS/ MDS industry highly desirable