Client Services Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: National remit, preferably North West England based
Purpose of role:
With a remit over all client, people, process and finance aspects of contracts being delivered, the purpose of the Client Services Manager is to ensure that all SCC MPDS solutions are implemented and delivered to optimum levels.
The purpose of the CSM is to also maintain excellent relationships with all levels of client contact within accounts. This role drives the sustainability and renewal of existing accounts, to ensure that portfolio of services are developed and grown.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Excellent client relationships at all levels, set and maintained by both self and team.
- Ensure that any client concerns and queries are effectively followed-up by both self and team.
- Ensure that both self and team develop an excellent working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Ensure that Service Review best-practices are undertaken on a consistent and continual basis, across all accounts.
- Ensure that the Account Plan for each contract is kept up to date and progressed (sustain and grow revenues).
- Ensure that all staff performance practices are undertaken:
- Annual performance reviews
- Staff performance and development
- Training and succession planning
- Ensure that all staff related administration is maintained in a prompt and accurate manner i.e. holiday, absence and the WTD.
- Ensure that any temporary and permanent resource requirements are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Establish excellent working relationships with the on-site team, the wider professional services division and Head Office departments.
- Ensure that resources across all contracts are managed effectively.
- Ensure that the day-to-day delivery of all contract related services are undertaken in the most effective manner.
- To develop best practice and ensure that staff are trained accordingly.
- A demonstrable ability to deal with a wide range of conflicting demands.
- Promote continuous improvement through the re-design of the on-site services where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers.
- Take responsibility for annual budgeting and business planning processes.
- Take responsibility for the financial performance of accounts, monitoring sales and contribution targets throughout the year.
- Ensure that monthly MIRs are written and presented in a professional and timely manner, providing dialogue about financial, operational and people performance within each account.
- Overseeing the production of the monthly accounting and reporting for all accounts.
- Establish and maintain excellent vendor management relationships for both the client and SCC MPDS MDS ensuring best practice is employed.
- An ability to analyse and manage financial information.
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
- An ability to negotiate tactfully, rationally and persuasively.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral ability.
- Leadership and project manager who works well at all levels.
- A self-motivator with professional standards.